Monday, July 14, 2008

Elizabeth's Testimony


"My testimony, in other words, what I know and believe. It's hard to know where to begin when you think about what you really believe in. You ask yourself if it is possible that a 14 year old boy can see the Father and the Son in a vision. You ask yourself if the prophet today really receives messages from God. Finally you ask yourself when you say 'I know this church is true' that you really mean it. I remember wondering about the crazy thing we call faith when I was 8 years old. A quick prayer and a full heart was all I needed to know that Joseph Smith really did see God and Jesus in the woods near his home. From that day until now I still ponder the amazing happenings that go on in our everyday lives. The small miracles that happen around us. I pray daily for the missionaries and my family and friends. I pray for the prophet, and for health and strength. What I think is very amazing is that God has always lived and that He always will. We had a purpose up in heaven and we do down here on earth. I believe that even the hardest times will pass and families can be together forever if sealed in the temple. I know that we have to love our brothers and sisters even if they're always getting into your stuff. What I've learned is that your family, especially your parents, are always there for you. I know that what I say is what I believe. I really do believe that our church is true. I belive that President Monson gets real messages from God. And I belive that what God wants to happen, will surely happen."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth is so amazing. I bet you are so proud of her. What an awesome testimony. How can Sheldon possibly follow this?