




We went to Boulder Beach this morning with our friends, Aubree and Alexa, a picnic and plans to spend the day at the lake. The water was so warm and the weather was beautiful - we had all the makings for a great time. All except for ONE thing...a small thing, really. But not to Abby and Aubree!! A BEE! This poor, thirsty creature was simply looking for a place to get a drink and rest it's wings - but instead sent the girls into absolute hysterics!! In an attempt to change the focus from our flying friends (or 'flying foes' according to the girls') I set out lunch - pb&j sandwiches and nectarines. What was I thinking?? Our sweet picnic only attracted more bees and even a few HUGE black flies. Needless to say, I packed us up amid the hysteria and we went home a little early. My only regret is that I didn't bring my video camera - it would have made for a great post on You-Tube!

1 comment:
That actually looks fun!......Except for the bee part.
Post a Comment