




While we were in Utah we stopped by and stayed with my cousin Shaunna and her family. Our kids played so happily - it reminded me of days gone by when we were kids and we looked forward to playing with our Utah cousins! We also spent some time with Sarah, Michelle, Aunt Janet and all the kids. (The dark picture was taken during an afternoon rain shower - the kids had a ball playing in the rain (which they hadn't seen in...well, I can't remember when the last time we saw rain!) We spent a day in Salt Lake taking a tour of Temple Square, eating at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building Nauvoo Cafe and taking in the sites. Then we took a train to the Gateway and spent the rest of the day at the Gateway Discovery Museum. It was the coolest kids' museum I'd ever been to. That's a real Flight for Life helecopter the kids are playing in! They got to create and record thier own animated story, play in a kid-sized market and house and even record the evening news! We spent HOURS there and could have stayed longer.
I think my favorite part of the whole trip was laying in the boys' bunk beds in our jammies and talking with Shaunna. And the fresh picked, steamed crookneck squash.

5 comments:
I have to admit I am SO envious! I would LOVE to head up north right now just to hang with the Utah cousins. It's one thing that my cousins are the coolest, but it's even better that I love all of their spouses too.Glad you had fun Em. Good memories.
Sounds like a fun trip.
You should of given me a call I'm a Utah cousin too!!! =) Glad you guys had a fun trip!!!
It was so fun to get to know your kids and to spend time just chatting! What a great memory! Thanks for coming and don't be strangers!
Boy am I a dork...I can't believe that I didn't remember that you are a Utah cousin, too, Cherine! I guess in my mind you're a Vegas girl. I promise that next time we're up north that we will get together! We had such a great time this last trip that I have a feeling it won't be too long before we make it up there again!
Post a Comment